Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Puss in Pouch


With my thumb out of service after a bout of tendinitis (and thus only limited crochet allowed), I took the sewing machine out for a spin to fill the void.  It’s shameful really how much I’ve neglected sewing – generations of dust bunnies have made their home on the thing, it was almost cruel to disturb them.   


Time to do something with my stash of gorgeous flowery fabric I thought.  Just needed a low effort, high reward project to get me started.  A friend suggested small pouches – I agreed…


though with one major amendment.  I wanted to put mini cats in the bags.


I’ve kept the pouches small so they’re dainty enough to be keyrings or bag ornaments.
They’re made from a template measuring 7cm², with the corners rounded off and a fold-down rim covering the ribbon fastening, so the mini cat can be popped in and out of the pouch quite easily.




Am working on a basic set of instructions for the pouch and cat.  Will post soonish I hope. 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your hand! I hope it gets better for you.

    These are really pretty bags and such cute kitties! I love them :)

    ~ Kieli ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And my hand's much better now it just needed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute little bags! and the cats face are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Daisy in the Corner Crochet Cushion - link to video tutorial

Can you spot the cat? :)  Mercerized cotton is the BEST yarn for cushions.  That added sheen and protection means the stitches do not pile o...